Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 26, 2019
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $16.47 - $20.60 per hour
- Vocational school diploma in vehicle maintenance along with at least (1) one to (2) two years in vehicle maintenance or fleet management; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to respond to afterhours emergencies, if needed.
- SC Commercial Driver’s License – Class A
- Forklift Certification
General Job Summary:
Performs skilled work in maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel powered automotive equipment to include engine, transmission, brakes, electrical, fuel injection, computer operations, and HVAC systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general overhaul maintenance and repair on light and heavy trucks, bulldozers, grading equipment, vehicles, lawn equipment, diesel equipment and hydraulic equipment.
- Welds and constructs parts for heavy equipment
- Utilizes various machinery and tools for repairs and maintenance on City vehicles and equipment
- Fills in as Heavy Equipment Operator as needed
- Completes and submits various reports to include billing invoice, maintenance reports, and purchase orders
The City of Newberry is a vibrant, growing, municipality that offers its employees a competitive compensation package with many benefits! We invest in our employees and encourage them to grow and develop in their positions and grow careers with the City. If you want a long-term opportunity within an exciting organization, this position may be for you.
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This organization is inclusive and diverse and encourages all people meeting the required qualifications to apply.
1330 College Street
Newberry, SC 29108