Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 14, 2018
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $16-$20 per hour
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
- Vocational school diploma in vehicle maintenance along with at least (1) one to (2) two years in vehicle maintenance or fleet management; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to respond to afterhours emergencies, if needed.
- SC Commercial Driver’s License – Class A
- Forklift Certification
Performs skilled work in maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel powered automotive equipment to include engine, transmission, brakes, electrical, fuel injection, computer operations, and HVAC systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general overhaul maintenance and repair on light and heavy trucks, bulldozers, grading equipment, vehicles, lawn equipment, diesel equipment and hydraulic equipment.
- Welds and constructs parts for heavy equipment
- Utilizes various machinery and tools for repairs and maintenance on City vehicles and equipment
- Fills in as Heavy Equipment Operator as needed
- Completes and submits various reports to include billing invoice, maintenance reports, and purchase orders