Bilingual Pharmacy Technician
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Organization: Carolina Health Centers - Carolina Community Pharmacy
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Pay: $14.92 - $22.37 per hour Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance are available to eligible employees Term Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability at no cost to eligible employees 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
pharmacy tech, 1 year (Preferred)
Pharmacy Technician (Required)
Licensure and Credentials
- Desire National Pharmacy Technician Board Certification
- Desire South Carolina Board of Pharmacy Certification
This position involves exposure to customer/patient elements. This job also operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard Office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The work environment is that of a hometown community pharmacy with high expectations of excellent customer service and work ethic. HIPAA rules and regulations are stringently enforced and violations are grounds for dismissal. The position requires staff to work under pressure at times with a diverse population. Teamwork, customer service and paying close attention to detail is required to promote an environment that will provide the highest level of quality care to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the pharmacist with filling and labeling prescriptions in accordance with state and federal regulations
- Create a profile of the patient’s demographic and insurance information in the computer and/or update the patient’s profile
- At the point-of-sale, verify that patients receive correct prescriptions and that HIPAA regulations are followed
- Maintain knowledge of loss prevention techniques and maintain accurate POS and cash records
- Maintain an awareness of updates within the software and hardware of the pharmacy computer system
- Assist patients who are dropping off or picking up prescription orders
- Check-in wholesale orders, place merchandise on shelves, and verify all associated paperwork
- Communicate with prescribers and their agents to obtain refill authorizations if so authorized as a Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Performs other related work as required
All employees of Carolina Health Centers, Inc. are expected to perform the duties of their job and behave in a manner consistent with the Corporate Philosophy which supports the values: honesty, integrity, openness, the pursuit of individual and collective excellence, and unwavering mutual respect and appreciation.
They may also be mailed or personally delivered to our Administrative Office in Uptown Greenwood. The address is:
313 Main Street
Greenwood, SC 29646
Applications may also be faxed to 864.388.0648.
420 Epting Ave
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.