Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 5, 2018
Organization: Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC
City: North Charleston
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Excellent compensation &amp; benefits plan with 401k matching
• High School Diploma or GED
• Required: 4+ years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate + 3 years relevant experience; OR Relevant associates degree + 1 year relevant experience
• Preferred: 5+ years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate + 4 years relevant experience; OR Relevant assoc. degree + 2 years relevant experience
Ensure instruments, gauges, and testing devices are calibrated correctly and give accurate readings. Report outcomes of tests and routinely liaise with colleagues to schedule testing and repair.
• Calibrates, tests, sets up, and repairs various controls, instruments, and gauges measuring all types in variables.
• Control of standard testing equipment (e.g. conventional length checking equipment and torque wrenches) in line with the receiving inspection and the periodic inspection.
• Execution of installation and adjustment work, calibration, and service of various delicate measuring devices for test equipment control.
• Routine testing, calibration, and monitoring of equipment. Ensuring inspection deadlines and appropriateness, makes inspection decisions.
• Ensuring test equipment recording, tracking, and result documentation.
• May disassemble instrument and examine various components for problems.
• Encounters varying problems, troubleshooting when results fall-out with the expected ranges. Escalates non-routine issues to Engineers if required.
• Deal directly with suppliers for replacement parts or equipment.
• Reports results to direct supervisor or other audience knowledgeable of subject matter.
• Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings.
• Will perform other duties as assigned.