Caseworker Level 2 - Leath Correctional Institution
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: March 23, 2021
Organization: Leath Correctional Institution
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Hiring Range - Min. $29,775.00 Hiring Range - Max. $38,448.00
State of South Carolina Minimal Requirements:
A high school diploma and relevant program experience. A Bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required program experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
Any four (4) year combination of education, correctional and/or program experience.
- Evaluates inmate records to determine eligibility status for institutional assignment, custody changes, employment and treatment programs.
- Coordinates and implements an equitable classification system for a caseload of approximately 250 inmates.
- Conducts periodic reviews and evaluates the progress of inmates.
- Counsels with Inmates on general institutional adjustment or related problems.
- Responds orally and/or through written correspondence to inquiries for Information on inmates by departmental officials and other agencies.
- Operates the SCDC computer to ascertain information pertaining to inmate's social, criminal, educational and family histories.
- May serve as the institutional records manager.
Must successfully complete three (3) week SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Hours/Week: 37.50 hrs.
2809 Airport Rd
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.