Date Posted: October 18, 2021
Deadline: November 5, 2021
Organization: Greenwood CPW
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: JOB GRADE: Grade 7 ($30,245 – $42,343)
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one year of cashiering experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
JOB TITLE: CASHIER
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, performs routine clerical and customer service work as required to help ensure effective and efficient office operations and the proper billing and collection of customer payments. Performs related work as required. Reports to the Customer Payments Supervisor.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one year of cashiering experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Works at counter and drive-thru to greet and assist customers, office visitors, sales representatives; collects payments for various utility services; record and post payments on computer, prepare receipts
- Records payments received from customers via mail or night drop
- Processes and enter pledges received from various agencies on customer’s behalf
- Totals daily receipts, balances drawer and closes down computer daily.
- Receives and responds to customer inquiries, concerns and complaints regarding services and billing. Explains department policies and procedures, and prepares credit letters and affidavits as needed.
- Ensures proper posting of payments to appropriate accounts.
- Processes delinquent account lists
- Processes returned checks and ACH transactions.
- Processes all non-pays; creates reconnect orders and general work orders
- Collects bad debt payments.
- Balances and maintains change box.
- Maintains cashiers' supplies.
- Performs general clerical work as required, including but not limited to answering the telephone, entering computer data, typing correspondence, copying and filing documents, processing daily mail, receiving deliveries, etc.
- Prepares, processes, types, files and/or submits various forms and documents, including account histories, utility bills, various lists, bank drafts, debit/credit books, vouchers, payments, receipts, work orders, memos, correspondence, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, subordinates, co-workers, other department supervisors and employees, customers, computer programmers, bank personnel, and the general public.
121 Court Ave W
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.