CATEGORY BUYER I
Date Posted: May 3, 2021
Deadline: May 13, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Employee benefit details Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
- Experience in procurement, supply chain, and/or manufacturing.
- The position requires an undergraduate degree from a college or university – or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two to five years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
Top candidates will also have:
- Capable of leading teams, suppliers, and customers to effective solutions.
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skill.
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong Negotiator, able to interpret, analyze, and negotiate contractual elements.
- Previous experience in supporting foundry related operations.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Professional certification in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and/or Inventory Management.
Serve as the primary contact between Caterpillar and the supply base for regional business unit initiatives, including filling the functional seat for commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers, being the recognized indirect procurement expert for his or her assigned facility spend, supports development and execution of local and regional category strategies, and drives supplier performance excellence through partnership with the Product/Facility organizations. Buyer may also be a Supplier Lead and will help to manage the supplier relationship for that supplier’s location including but not limited to Supplier Relationship Mgmt., Supplier Performance Mgmt., Cost Mgmt., Risk Mgmt., and Category Network Mgmt. This role is responsible and accountable for the development, and/or communication and implementation of a local and regional sourcing strategy. Responsible for the management and execution of the category strategy managing policies, agreements, source catalogs, and special procurement programs aligned with the business unit needs.
Leadership - Provide leadership for the strategic sourcing of indirect goods and services aligned with supported business units. Demonstrate leadership in recognizing the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment. Promote the highest level of professionalism and business ethics.
Travel: The position may require up to 10% travel.
108 Corporate Ct
Hodges, SC 29653
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.