Date Posted: March 17, 2023
Deadline: May 31, 2023
City: Joanna and Kinards area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary: $23.00 per hour
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems, specialist provider of ground support services in mining & tunneling. we work in mining, quarrying, and construction markets.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role - CDL B Driver (Joanna, SC) SIGNING BONUS $2,500
This role will require Mobile Mixing Unit Driving/Operation as well as maintenance and upkeep of this equipment. You will operate plant and equipment to provide blasting products and services to customers. And to assist in providing a quality service of bulk explosives to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times.
- Monday through Friday only
- Be home every night
- Early morning starts approx. 4am
- 10-12 hour day / max 14 hours/day
- Local driving
What you will be doing
- This is a driver (40%) / laborer (60%) position
- Pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicles including checking and filling fluid levels
- Ability to safely hook up and unhook trailers
- Drives emulsion tanker truck (MMU) and box trucks
- Knowledge of MMU operation as well as daily bench site activities
- Possession of CDL License with hazmat endorsement and strong knowledge of DOT compliance
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds / carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, and squatting while using equipment
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- At least one year of experience driving and/or handling materials.
- Requires Class B CDL
- Tanker and Hazmat endorsement - will support you in getting both
- Delivery Drivers welcomed
What you will bring
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment
- Good attention to detail and math skills to handle inventory on daily basis
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks, and high priority situations to maximize efficiency
- Ability to pass a pre-employment/post offer background check, physical and drug
- Must have a clear MVR
What We Offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
- Hourly Rate $23
- Signing Bonus $2,500
(Salary to be determined by the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
Benefits (Full Time Employees)
- Medical/Prescription Drug – Three (3) plans to choose from
- Dental – Two (2) plans to choose from
- Vision – Two (2) plans to choose from
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Employee/Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provided Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Accident Plans
- Voluntary Identity Theft Protection
- Voluntary Legal Plan
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Company provided Maternity Leave
- Company provided Bonding Leave
- Acrrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick & Safe Time
- Nine (9) Scheduled Holidays + Two (2) Floating Holidays
Orica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are a Drug-free workplace.
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
We have been made aware that some individuals have received scam emails which include false and invalid offers of employment from Orica. Please note that Orica will not offer employment to any candidate without first undertaking a formal application and recruitment process. All candidates are required to actively participate in the recruitment process applicable to the specific role and location where the role is based, prior to any offer of employment being made. Please also be advised that Orica will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes.
The spread of COVID-19 continues to have a significant impact on the world. Like many organisations, Orica is adapting its working practices as the situation continues to evolve, to ensure the safety of our people, customers, and communities. Our dedicated Global and Regional Response Teams meet regularly to respond to the impacts in their respective communities. As a truly global company, Orica is delivering country and region-specific responses in different stages, and at different times, in accordance with risk-based measures, local conditions and government regulations. Find out more details via Orica’s website here.
Job Type: Full-time
Be home every night
Early morning starts approx. 4am
10-12 hour day / max 14 hours/day
Kinards, SC 29355
Kinards, SC 29355
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.