Certified Pharmacy Technician
Date Posted: September 13, 2021
Deadline: October 15, 2021
Organization: Carolina Health Centers, Inc.
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $15.66 - $23.49 an hour DOE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Higher education preferred
Pharmacy technician experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Licensure and Credentials:
- Desire National Pharmacy Technician Board Certification
- Desire South Carolina Board of Pharmacy Certification
The location for this position is at Carolina Community Pharmacy at The Village, part of the Carolina Health Centers, Inc. family.
Please note that effective August 9, 2021, vaccination against COVID-19 is a term of employment for new hires. Please call 864.396.0121 for questions.
I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Under the direct supervision of CHC Director of Pharmacy, the Pharmacy Technician I shall assist the pharmacist in performing all routine tasks of the Pharmacy Department in accordance with established policies and procedures set forth within the constraints as stated by the South Carolina Board of Pharmacy.
All employees of Carolina Health Centers, Inc. are expected to perform the duties of their job and behave in a manner consistent with the Corporate Philosophy which supports the values of: honesty, integrity, openness, the pursuit of individual and collective excellence, and unwavering mutual respect and appreciation.
In addition, this position requires:
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Proficient in use of computer and keyboard
- Able to efficiently and accurately conduct payment transactions, including making correct change for cash payments
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Knowledge of HIPAA and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to manage self and environment calmly and appropriately in stressful situations
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Able to push, pull and reach, sit, stoop and stretch
- Have full range of body motion
- Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a computer, telephone, copier and medical equipment
- Required to talk and hear
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- This position involves exposure to customer/patient elements. This job also operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard Office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The work environment is that of a hometown community pharmacy with high expectations of excellent customer service and work ethic. HIPAA rules and regulations are stringently enforced and violations are grounds for dismissal. The position requires staff to work under pressure at times with a diverse population. Teamwork, customer service and paying close attention to detail is required to promote an environment that will provide the highest level of quality care to customers.
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the pharmacist with filling and labeling prescriptions in accordance with state and federal regulations
- Create a profile of the patient’s demographic and insurance information in the computer and/or update the patient’s profile
- At the point-of-sale, verify that patients receive correct prescriptions and that HIPAA regulations are followed
- Maintain knowledge of loss prevention techniques and maintain accurate POS and cash records
- Maintain an awareness of updates within the software and hardware of the pharmacy computer system
- Assist patients who are dropping off or picking up prescription orders
- Check-in wholesale orders, place merchandise on shelves, and verify all associated paperwork
- Communicate with prescribers and their agents to obtain refill authorizations if so authorized as a Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Performs other related work as required
IV. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Directly supervised by Director of Pharmacy
- If Certified Pharmacy Technician, non-certified pharmacy techs and pharmacy clerks
- Works in cooperation with the pharmacy staff, medical staff, nursing staff, and effectively serves patients
They may also be mailed or personally delivered to our Administrative Office in Uptown Greenwood.
The address is:
313 Main Street
Greenwood, SC 29646
Applications may also be faxed to 864.388.0648.
313 Main Street Suite B
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.