Chanticleer Internship Program
Date Posted: September 8, 2021
Deadline: January 15, 2022
Organization: Chanticleer Garden
City: Wayne, Pennsylvania
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Paid and unpaid internships providing professional work experience alongside Chanticleer's horticultural staff are offered seasonally. If interested, submit a letter of interest, resume, and at minimum one letter of recommendation. Applications will be accepted until January 15th. Please provide information about your professional goals, expectations of the internship, what dates you are available, if you need housing, and what hourly wage you are hoping to receive. Onsite shared housing is optional
Application Requirements: The right candidate will have a passion for learning about the garden, horticulture, plants, and leadership.
• Practical experience in gardening required, formal training and education in horticulture is required
• A proficiency with plants and gardening tasks
• Candidate will demonstrate a commitment to working in the field of horticulture
• Self-starting, industrious candidate is required
The Chanticleer Internship is a 6-9 month opportunity for select individuals to intensively deepen their understanding of the art of horticulture. Chanticleer is a plant-driven, highly aesthetic 47-acre public garden with the unofficial motto, “beauty without bureaucracy”. Chanticleer is a small, lean organization that institutes high standards across the organization.
Chanticleer Model of Garden Leadership:
• Horticulture staff are the primary designers for their section
• Emphasis on direct interaction between top management and garden staff
• Is a pleasure garden and treats every visitor as a personal guest
• Promotes the education of emerging and existing professionals in the field of horticulture Internship Responsibilities: By working alongside the Horticulture staff, the intern will advance his/her skills as well as contribute to the garden overall. Interns are treated as part of the garden staff.
• Hands-on horticultural maintenance
• Study plants, plant care, design and garden management
• Rotate through each section of the garden and perform duties specific to each
• Observe the dynamic of the staff, garden guests, and managers
• Interact with the Grounds Manager and Executive Director
• Monday – Friday, 7:30am-4pm & occasional weekend duties
786 Church Road
Wayne, PA 19087
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.