Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Organization: Corporate Care, LLC
City: Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Abbeville
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: Up to $10.00 Hr.
- Attention to Detail: Some clients have specific rules or schedules that must be minded, or specific dietary or physical rules that must be followed.
- Interpersonal Skills: Personal care aides work in a very personal way with their clients. Some will be in pain or very sensitive to their fragility. They must be sensitive and compassionate with clients.
- Stamina: Personal care aide might need to lift clients into the bathtub, cars and into bed, and need strength.
- Time Management: Personal care aide are schedule keepers. They must be there to make sure clients get up on time, make sure medication is taken on schedule and clients get to appointments on time.
Personal care aides typically do the following:
- Care for and assist clients who are sick, injured, mentally or physically disabled, or the elderly and fragile.
- Provide companionship by talking to, playing games with, or going for walks with clients.
- Help clients with tasks related to hygiene, such as bathing, brushing teeth, and going to the bathroom.
- Help transfer clients from a bed to a wheelchair or vice versa.
- Complete housekeeping tasks, such as changing bed linens, washing dishes, and cleaning living areas.
- Help prepare and plan meals.
- Organize a client’s schedule and plan appointments.
- Arrange transportation to doctors’ offices or to the store.
- Help clients pay bills or manage money.
- Shop for personal items and groceries.