Construction Engineering Inspectors
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Organization: Bunnell Lammons Engineering
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Bunnell-Lammons Engineering has immediate full-time openings for Construction Engineering Inspectors (CEI) in the Upstate of South Carolina. The assignments will be performed under the immediate supervision of a Project Manager and various registered Professional engineers. The primary responsibilities generally consist of construction quality assurance and quality control at various Interstate, Primary and Secondary Roadway and Bridge construction projects. General responsibilities or duties include monitoring and documenting contractor activities; onsite testing and inspection of earthwork, asphalt and concrete construction; erosion and traffic control inspections. Applicant must be familiar with SCDOT specification and requirements and have general knowledge in all aspects of bridge and roadway construction. Daily reports are to be prepared for submission to the project engineer/manager and consist of descriptions of construction site observations and summaries of all test results. Company vehicle and all safety equipment are provided.
Desired attributes and requirements: (In-house training and mentorship is provided)
* SCDOT Earthwork and Base Course Construction
* SCDOT Asphalt Roadway Technician
* SCDOT Pile Driving and Drilled Shaft Inspector
* SCDOT Concrete Technician
* Work Zone Traffic Control
* Valid Driver's License and ability to authorize our review of a motor vehicle driving record for the past 5 years.
* Ability to work with limited supervision.
* Ability to work use hand tools and testing apparatuses.
* Ability to pass drug screening.
* Ability to walk or sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to work outdoors on construction sites in all seasons for extended time periods and work days of up to 12 hours per day.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic knowledge in the operation of smart phones and computers for communication and recording time worked.
* Availability to work ‘construction’ hours; particularly, early hours during larger concrete placements.
Bunnell-Lammons Engineering, Inc. and our clients are committed to be a drug free work place. Drug screening is required.