Control Room Operator
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 31, 2020
City: Greenwood, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Dependent upon experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Be a team player; work well with others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and written procedures.
- Be productive and stay on task with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of plant hazards and approaches to protecting both personnel and equipment.
- Experience using basic hand tools.
- Basic computer skills; experience in the use of personal computers and software applications.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees.
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day.
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery.
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
The Control Room Operator is responsible for monitoring the status of all plant systems on a continuous basis. The operator will respond to alarms by taking appropriate corrective actions and procedures and ensure that the plant meets it’s generating requirements while operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate plant functions from the control room.
- Manage chip feed system, fuel feed system, furnace, drier system, secondary sizing and pellet presses.
- Act as overall contact for plant operations.
- Manage and monitor various levels and feed rated to ensure continuous plant operation.
- Monitor spark detection equipment.
- Multi-task with equipment alarms and radio commands/communication.
- Operate computers, monitors and corrects operational values.
200 Enviva Way
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.