CONTROLS ENGINEER | SUMMER 2021 | CO-OP AND INTERNSHIP
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 6, 2020
Organization: JR Automation Technologies
Website: View Website
What You’ll Bring:
- High School graduate, or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college program pursuing an engineering degree.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Basic proficiency in CAD.
- Basic knowledge of electrical/pneumatic schematic drawing packages.
- Basic proficiency in programming languages.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!
As a Controls Engineering Intern/Co-Op, you will assist and support other Controls Engineers. Learn from some of the most dedicated and technically competent engineers in the Automation Industry. You will help keep our customers out in front of the rapid and unpredictable updates in technology. JR Automation drives change by learning and innovating faster than anyone else. As a member of a project team you’ll work alongside our Applications, Controls, Mechanical, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Requires a willingness to learn and the ability to be flexible.
- Expected that many tasks asked will be learning experiences, and experienced team members will provide proper instruction.
- Expected to make positive contributions to the company in response to the training provided.
- Troubleshoot wiring, pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Wire according to the NEC.
- Install piping and hoses to customer and JR Automation standards.
- Learn and perform basic programming skills.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
105 Financial Blvd
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.