Controls (Wiring and Testing) Operator
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 11, 2020
Organization: Trane Technologies
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Education, Experience & Skills
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma (GED) is required.
- Two plus (2+) year in manufacturing experience preferred.
- The ability to interpret and use electrical schematics drawings is required
- Electrical background and/or experience in electrical assembly.
- Familiarity with and utilization of all hand tools including wrenches, sockets, hammers, tape measures, crimpers, cutters, steel banding, and power tools such as impact guns, and pneumatic nail guns.
- Knowledge base of and ability to use computer systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, blueprints, drawings, etc.
- Mathematical skills: basic shop math; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Familiar with and utilizes Lean Manufacturing principles including 5S and basic problem solving.
- Supports lean events as well as process improvements.
- Self-motivated and flexible; willing to shift priorities as needed.
- Able to work in a team environment; good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to participate in continuous learning opportunities as part of job and personal development.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Trane Technologies Values and Core Competencies:
- Willingness to change, flex and learn
- Work Pride
- Customer Focused
- Critical Thinking
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Basic Computer Skills
- Standard Work Adherence
EHS Comp, Risk Assessment & Control-Basic
Project Management 1-Basic
Engineering Process Excellence-Basic
The position will be to work closely alongside operations manufacturing employees and engineering to help wire units, trouble shoot minor issues, and make improvements.
Essential Job Functions
- Locate parts necessary for assembly, and assembles product in an efficient manner to achieve highest quality as per ISO standard.
Immediate focus of position is on controls installation, testing, and controls quality.
Identify quality problems or improvement opportunities
- Read blueprints, electrical schematics, and bill of materials information.
- Use necessary tools and equipment to assemble products, including but not limited to precision measuring instruments.
- Perform some material handling functions.
- Perform quality inspection, checking tolerances and specifications, on parts.
- Maintain accurate inventory.
- Follow and adhere to all safety, quality and IR policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
141 Killian Rd
Columbia, SC 29203
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.