Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 8, 2019
Organization: International Paper
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- This position requires 3-5 years of experience in the packaging industry including experience with converting equipment and operations. Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Preferred candidates would also have experience in the manufacture of graphic boxes.
- Specific competencies include drive for results, problem solving, building effective teams, confronting direct reports, action oriented, integrity, functional/technical skills, customer focus, learning on the fly.
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
- We currently have an opening for Converting Supervisor at our Laurens, SC plant. This facility manufactures corrugated packaging products for local and national customers.
- We are looking for a motivated individual who is capable of performing a multitude of supervisory functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. Our workplace requires supervisors who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality, productivity and engagement of crew members.
- This position reports to the Continuous Improvement Manager and has responsibility for the direction of production employees on 3rd shift. In addition to daily operational responsibilities, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining systems, driving manufacturing improvements as well as leading, coaching, motivating and engaging the work teams to accomplish operational objectives.