Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: February 19, 2021
Organization: The Urban Electric Company
City: North Charleston
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: Some Benefits &amp; Perks of Working at The Urban Electric Co. Our production team runs on first shift only. The production schedule runs Monday - Thursday (four 10-hour days); therefore most weekends are 3-day weekends! Medical &amp; dental insurance with employer contributions 401(k) savings plan with employer match Paid parental leave for new moms and dads Generous paid time off and holidays A company-wide health &amp; wellness initiative An on-site barista with complimentary drinks and snacks Robust training program with room for growth and merit based advancement Earnings Starting apprentices begin at $14.00/hour with potential increase at 90-Day Performance Review
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Additional training/certification or course work in wiring, glass or packing is preferred.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding solutions.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You’ve got fine motor skills and the ability to work with small parts.
- You can manage your time and prioritize to meet production deadlines.
- You’re a flexible team player, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have technical aptitude and the ability to read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints.
- You have basic computer skills (e-mail, internet, and Microsoft Office).
- You have knowledge of trade-specific tools relating to electrical, glass or wiring.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Tolerance of work in non-temperature controlled environment
Personal Protective Equipment Required:
- Latex/glass/electrical Gloves
- Safety Glasses
Who We Are:
At The Urban Electric Co., we make it our mission to recruit and retain highly skilled and passionate individuals. Because we have a genuine respect for the talents and story of every member of our team, our culture attracts a wide variety of personalities and backgrounds to compose an eclectic and fun atmosphere. Each of our company’s products is bench-made and hand-finished at our 120,000 sq. ft. headquarters in Charleston, which houses the talented engineers, sales and marketing professionals, designers, and craftsmen who make up our team. We pride ourselves on manufacturing processes that secure the growth and sustainability of artisanal craft for the future by using modern techniques that enhance and refine the hand-build approach as opposed to replacing it.
Who You Are:
As a Craftsman Apprentice in the Final Assembly department, you will work alongside your peers to finalize our fixtures before they are shipped to clients around the world. The Final Assembly team has the last eyes on our fixtures and plays an integral role in the electrical wiring, glass fitting, product inspection, and careful packaging of all lighting fixtures that leave our shop.
A Day in the Life:
- Inspect product for defects and initiate rework protocol if needed
- Electrical wiring in accordance with product specifications and codes (blueprints and/or work orders)
- Packing completed fixtures for shipment around the world
- Using basic shop tools and light machinery
- Fitting glass to bench crafted fixtures
- Handle finished fixtures appropriately to prevent damage to applied finishes on metal or glass surfaces
- Ensure that all completed fixtures are packed and shipped with all necessary installation pieces and hardware
2120 Noisette Blvd
North Charleston, SC 29405
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.