CT Tech-Imaging Mobile -Full Time
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Organization: Greenville Memorial Medical Campus
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Associate's Degree - Completion of accredited radiology program
No prior experience required.
Required Certifications/Registrations/LicensesARRT-RADIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGIST - ARRTRSQA - RAD QUALITY STANDARD - RQSACT TECHNOLOGIST CERTIFIED - C061
Other Required Experience
Minimum one year of CT experience - preferred.
Other Required Skills
Patient Equip (Suction, Vitals, Defib)
* Identifies patients with two identifiers. Communicate with nursing or physician concerning patient. Inform nursing of patients that need IV sedation or biopsies. Fill out CT questionnaire and female questionnaire on all patients between the ages of 11-50 yrs. old. Positions patients accurately for all CT procedures. Patients are transferred and positioned correctly for anatomy to be demonstrated for best visibility. Know scanning protocols in depth. Must be able to perform procedures correctly using protocol book for reference. Studies must be done in a timely manner and marked ready 2 read ASAP. Obtains appropriate supplies and prepares room for patient. Keeps room cleaned and stocked at all times. Adequate supplies and linens must always be available. Tables and trays must be cleaned after each patient. Use proper technique when injection IV contrast. Ensure IV is working and checked first with an injection of saline. Choose correct method of injection (hand or injector). Must be proficient with imaging workstation, 3D imaging and multiplanar reconstruction. Responds to codes and other emergency situations appropriately. 40%
* Explains CT procedure to patient and/or family member. Obtains completed questionnaire and proper history and clinical from patient, floor or physician's office. Informs patients and families of all delays. Trains co-workers and students. Assist other technologists when not busy in assigned CT room. 15%
* Acquires order and checks for appropriate clinical. Charges procedure and supplies when exam is completed. Indicates no-film badge wearing name and fluoro time. Operates the PAC’s system appropriately and verify studies before sending to archive. Reports equipment problems to supervisor, in-charge tech and documents confirmation numbers. Appropriate forms must be completed for all procedures. Fill out contrast sheet on all patients receiving IV and rectal contrast. A contrast media form must be filled out on all patients, CT forms must be filled out on all patients. Communicates with radiologist to determine appropriate protocols for each exam. Correct protocols are utilized as prescribed by the radiologist. Procedures must be performed as directed by the radiologist. Correct scans as performed. Demonstrates recognition of anatomy and pathology as related to scan being processed. Perform warm up calibrations as needed. CT manager evaluates staff based on performance expectations that reflect their job responsibilities to include Point of Care testing.. 20%
* Assure the relieving shift has received hand off communication about the patients prior to them leaving the work area. Keep the room cleaned and stocked at all times. Assist other technologists in other rooms during down time. Assists in training co-workers and students. 5%
* Achieve Patient Satisfaction for GHS. Results will be entered on the annual evaluation from the Patient Satisfaction scorecard located on the C2E website under the Experience Pillar. Adheres to the Standards of Behavior. 15%
* Maintain competency needed for level 2 career ladder criteria, review documentation. 5%
701 Grove Rd
Greenville, SC 29605
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.