Customer Technical Service Representative
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Organization: The Phoenix Group
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in applicable fields
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work well in a team setting
- Must be a values-driven team player
- Ability to take initiative and multi task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including but not limited to emails and face to face communication
- Strong computer knowledge and skills
- Very detailed oriented
- Flexible regarding work schedules; willingness to be in the customer plant at any time to assist in the resolution of problems
- Experience with carbon steel automotive applications and imperfections
- Experience with coated steels: hot dipped galvanized, galvanneal, and other
- Knowledge of exposed vs. unexposed material
- Understanding of how and why defects disrupt automotive stamping operations
- Experience with circle grid analysis, thickness analysis and stamping problem-solving
This position is for a full-time Customer Technical Services Representative (CTS Rep), working for a metal producer within metal processing and end-use customer plants. The CTS Rep serves as the primary source of contact and communications with customers and metal processors (blanking, slitting and leveling), acting as the face of the customer for to effectively manage the customers’ needs and expectations. Generally, this person must support the customer in responding to issues or quality concerns, coordinate testing and re-application of material as appropriate, and resolve claims including the dispositioning of non-conforming material to ensure customer satisfaction.
To be successful, the CTS Rep needs strong engagement with the Customer and steel producer, including the functional areas of quality, production, sales and customer service.
Where non-conformance is identified, this position will lead the site in employing effective problem solving methodologies to identify root causes and coordinate corrective and preventive actions. As this role has both customer and supplier facing responsibilities, the CTS Representative must be skillful in communication, reporting, follow-up, and project management with a sense of urgency to assist in the resolution of quality issues.
Ideal candidates will have experience in steel making, coatings, processing and awareness of steel imperfections that affect end-use quality. Likewise, they should understand the basics regarding sheet metal stamping and forming processes. Appropriate backgrounds include quality, metallurgy, mechanical or manufacturing engineering, tool and die or die maintenance, materials utilization processes, blanking operations, etc.
This is long-term assignment, initially staffed as a contract position, offering approximately 16-40 hours per week of work. Employment may be a long-term consideration based on work performance, team spirit, and individual needs.
Our company, The Phoenix Group, has a long and positive reputation within the metal stamping and processing industry, with unparalleled technical know-how regarding the metal conversion process. Our reputation and values enable us to achieve long-term customer relationships, where we provide management consulting, technical services and business process outsourcing solutions – for our immediate customers and their customers. Please learn more at www.thephxway.com.