Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 1, 2020
Organization: Trane Technologies
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Associate's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering and at least 5 years industry experience is required.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Our fast-growing, Commercial and Industrial HVAC/Chiller manufacturing company is seeking an experienced Electrical and Controls Specialist with a minimum of five years experience, preferably in HVAC industry.
Core Job Duties (others may be added):
- Prepare complete detail and layout of electrical and control drawings/wiring diagrams and BOMs from verbal or written instructions for complex products or equipment.
- Analyze, design, implement, test real-time embedded software for electronic industrial HVAC controls.
- Prepare detailed sequence of operation or in other words PLC ladder logic for each equipment model.
- Design, size, select and develop the relevant control components and prepare detailed part drawings to support general machine design of existing & new Industrial HVAC equipment.
- Program and configure HVAC equipment and Chillers control systems.
Essential Skills or Knowledge:
- Experience in designing, component selections and drawing control panels for commercial/industrial HVAC equipment and chillers.
- Knowledge and experience programming controls equipment both for PLCs and HMIs using software of such controls brands as Siemens, Allen Bradley, Schneider Electric and/or preferably HVAC-specific brands: Carel, Distech, Danfoss and others.
- Understanding of communication protocols BACnet, Modbus, LonWorks etc. and physical interfaces RS-485, RS-232, Ethernet including communication equipment: routers, repeaters, gateways etc. and ability to set up and put into operation.
- C, C++ or similar software design experience required.
- Experience in analysis, design, implementation, test, and debugging of embedded real time software required.
- Experience in development, configuring, testing and trouble shoot of embedded control systems.
- Thorough knowledge of all the relevant national and local electricity codes. equipment assembly procedures as it applies to the development of assembly drawings.
- Experience in HVAC equipment systems is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and background check.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.