Digital Field Service Technician
Date Posted: September 24, 2021
Deadline: December 17, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
- Students with a career path or individuals with general experience in industrial electronics, automation, or similar welcome.
- EET Degree in the field of electronics, licensed electricians, ASE Mechanics, or similar all are potential good candidates.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Previous relevant experience working with engineering, operations, sales, field service, remote office and general laborers within an equipment manufacturing company desired.
- Proactive individual who takes initiative and follows through regardless of size or scope of the project.
- Ability to handle, maintain and protect confidential information.
- Upholds, supports, and maintains company safety standards at all times.
- Strong prior mechanical / electronics experience, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities - a quick thinker with the ability to improvise in the field.
- Working knowledge of industrial electronics and associated components.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to travel internationally and obtain a U.S. Passport in a timely fashion.
- Must obtain personal credit card to use for reimbursable expenses.
- Willing to sign an industry non-compete agreement.
- Digital printing experience not required but a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Above average abilities in verbal and writing skills. The ability to communicate with our customers and put them at ease with the repair process.
Digital specific requirements a plus but not required:
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop Illustrator and Corel.
- Screen printing artwork preparation experience.
- Direct to screen or direct to garment experience.
- Working knowledge of Rip Software and file conversions. Caldera experience a plus.
- Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign knowledge.
- General screen-printing knowledge, pre-press screen preparations, coating screens, working with emulsions, all a plus.
- Strong computer skills with basic networking skills preferred.
- Organized and detailed in their approach to troubleshooting.
- Ability to work directly with customer and be a liaison to management and technical staff.
The position requires a seasoned Field Service Professional who can work with minimal supervision and who has extensive experience with electro/mechanical machinery. Must have the ability to maintain and enhance our field service department both domestically and abroad. Service Techs are responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment at our customer locations. They also provide training & telephone support for customers and participate in trade shows. Successful candidates will receive field and factory training.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs installations and repairs of company products as assigned by management staff.
- Prepare service reports for every service call and submits them in a timely fashion for processing.
- Assist in 24-hour service phone support on a rotating schedule.
- Travels domestically and internationally to repair, install, train, move equipment as assigned.
- Provide phone support when not traveling to our customers.
- Assist in the setup and tear down of equipment at trade shows, and also assist the sales staff during said shows.
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.