Direct Support Professional I (Temporary - Weekend Only)
Date Posted: February 16, 2023
Deadline: April 27, 2023
Organization: DDSN Whitten Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
High school diploma or equivalent.
Under direct supervision of Direct Support Professional III (Residential Administrator) this position serves as an entry-level direct support professional. Provides treatment, care, and training of individuals with disabilities and special needs. Provides accurate documentation of activities as well as quality active treatment service delivery with individuals. Complies with written rules and regulations as outlined by SCDDSN policies and procedures; and standards in accordance with ICF/ID (intermediate care facility/intellectual disability).
- Ensures health and safety of each consumer while following the prescribed behavior support plan (BSP), dining protocol, lifting protocol, and training and service programs as outlined in their individual support plan. As an essential employee, will be required to work overtime to ensure consumer safety and supervision depending on various activities and hazardous weather conditions. Reports to duty as outlined in policy and procedures and assumes accountability of the assigned individual(s).
- In accordance to Agency guidelines, rules, and regulations, follows sound professional techniques while providing direct, hands-on individual care to all consumers as needed. Participates in training and provides guidance to consumers in the development of activities of daily living skills. Transports and monitors consumers to and from off campus appointments, programs, and activities.
- In accordance with ICF/ID active treatment standards, implements training and service programs as outlined in the individual support plan, assists with daily activities, and engages consumers in group activities.
- In keeping with the individual support plan, completes timely and accurate data collection and/or assessments. Maintains documentation in compliance with SCDDSN policy and procedures. Provides input and engages as an active member of the interdisciplinary team. Participates in team meetings and scheduled staff meetings as required.
- Responsible for reporting significant events and suspected abuse immediately per SCDDSN policy and procedures.
- Ensures safe, orderly, neat, clean environment for all consumers.
- Responsible for following all Agency policies and procedures and may be required to perform additional duties as required.
28373 Highway 76 East
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.