Donor Engagement Specialist
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 10, 2018
Organization: Riverbanks Zoo &amp; Garden
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $34,000 (starting salary)
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one to two years experience in non-profit development/fundraising required; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Previous experience using Raisers Edge and/or Centaman is a plus.
The ideal candidate must show initiative and be able to work independently and efficiently under deadlines, on a variety of tasks and priorities. They will also enjoy working within a collaborative environment and be a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate confidentiality, attention to detail, prompt follow-through and accurate data entry skills. Outstanding organization, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills are required in this role. Must be proficient with current computer applications to include MS Office Suite. Must be flexible for occasional weekend, holiday and after-hours assignments. Must possess or be eligible for a valid SC driver's license.
Ambassador Commitment: Create meaningful connections and inspire actions that will have a lasting impact on conservation.
Responsibilities: Given objectives set by the Director of Society, assists with developing and implementing fundraising strategies. Consistently articulates Riverbanks’ values and goals with professionalism and enthusiasm in order to advance the mission and strategic vision of the zoo and garden.
- Serves as the primary liaison and contact for Riverbanks’ upper level members, corporate donors, sponsors, and partners.
- Proactively builds and strengthens relationships across the community to cultivate prospective members and donors.
- Assists with funding requests and sponsorship solicitations.
- Researches and evaluates giving programs, makes recommendations and implements new programs that support Riverbanks’ mission and fundraising goals.
- Coordinates programs that engage partners, upper level members and donors (including planned giving, mobile giving, crowdfunding, monthly giving, etc.)
- Creates and implements an innovative and comprehensive fundraising plan to expand the support of Riverbanks.
- Maintains donor and partner agreements, acknowledges incoming partnerships and ensures fulfillment of benefits.
- Responsible for scheduling and organizing donor events, in collaboration with Riverbanks’ Events Team and Service System Associates (food & retail vendor).
- Cooperates with other zoo and garden departments to facilitate event success.
- Effectively interacts and communicates with Riverbanks staff, volunteers, and various external groups. Maintains a positive working environment.
- Contributes to various organization-wide initiatives and projects.
- Utilizes donor database to run donor lists, track history and run reports.
- Prepares and analyzes a variety of reports/forms, donor proposals, and general correspondence.