Electrical Controls Engineer
Date Posted: March 1, 2022
Deadline: April 1, 2022
Organization: Kelley Engineering
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Electrical Controls Engineer
Electrical Controls Engineer designs, develops, and constructs electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery for automated production systems. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the controls engineering field. Additionally relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Reports to a controls manager and/or CEO.
- Design, requisition, & construction of industrial control systems.
- Research applications & prototype new equipment.
- Programming, configuration, & debugging of industrial controls systems.
- Assembly & wiring of electrical enclosures & controls components.
- Creation of electrical schematics, BOMs, & work instructions.
- Legacy support for custom machinery at current & previous clients.
- Ordering of materials or components needed to complete projects.
- Correspond with customers, vendors, & engineering personnel in-regards to current, upcoming, & previous projects.
- Ensure all projects are assembled and function as designed.
- Supports engineering team on various parallel projects.
- Travels to customer for installation & oversight of project completion.
- Responsible for all other tasks as assigned.
Performance Evaluation Metrics:
- Productivity of the jobs assigned to individual.
- The completion of projects on time.
- Quality of work produced by individual.
Education: High school diploma.
Bachelor Degree of: Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (Entry Level)
Or Associate Degree of: IET (Industrial Electronics Tech.) or IMT (Industrial Mechatronics Tech.) (Requires 5-10 years relevant experience in a technical position)
Prefer 5-10 years of experience in Controls Engineering field.
Prefer experience with any and all of the following:
- AB, Siemens, and/or third-party PLC’s.
- AB, Siemens, and/or third-party HMI’s.
- AB, Siemens, SEW, and/or third-party VFD and Servo Systems.
- ABB, FANUC, and/or third-party Robotic Systems.
- Various sensors and safety systems from a variety of vendors.
- Keyence, Cognex, Datalogic, and/or third-party Vision Systems.
- Design and wiring of electrical panels.
Ready to apply? Click "Apply" or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
810 Shiloh Road
Piedmont, SC 29673
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.