ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP
Date Posted: August 24, 2021
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Domtar compensates their interns with competitive hourly rates starting at $21 per hour and increases based on graduating year. We offer relocation/mileage reimbursement, housing/stipends, mentor programs and safety allowances based on mill location.
- Must be enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, or junior in an accredited degree program pursing an electrical engineering degree.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical writing, presentation and critical thinking skills to quickly grasp the concepts and components of the pulp and paper industry and process application.
- CAD experience preferred but not required.
- Interest in the pulp and paper industry and building a developmental career with unlimited learning opportunities.
- Ability to comply with and enforce company, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player attitude, with the ability to work with diverse teams, multiple organizational levels and across business functions.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Resourceful, quick learner and dependable.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Resourceful, quick learner and dependable with demonstrated leadership skills.
Domtar is seeking upcoming college sophomores and juniors with a focus in Electrical Engineering interested in growth development and sophisticated project assignments to join our internship program in 2022 in our Plymouth, NC or Bennettsville, SC mill!
In our Engineering Internship Programs, students will be part of a team that shapes the future of innovation in the Pulp and Paper industry. Our engineering interns help turn dreams into reality, bring world-class innovation to market and help design our next generation of amazing products that people touch every day! You’ll become fully integrated into one of our U.S. mills, engaged in site tours, work directly with executives and management and have assigned mentors to maximize the learning experience.
Our platform provides opportunity for hard working individuals to propel themselves into an Associate Engineering role upon graduation. Career advancement at Domtar exists in operations, maintenance, quality assurance, product development, wastewater treatment, environmental and safety operations.
Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Focus on improving the quality control of paper machines by proactively identifying potential problems, and quickly and efficiently troubleshooting issues.
- Analyze production costs, productivity issues, and provide quality control improvement solutions.
- Technical exposure to various production and support units within the electrical and mechanical teams supporting piping and instrumentation based projects.
- Research and develop processes and guidelines for various functional operational units within the facility.
- Detailed documentation of findings in various systems.
- Decipher data, apply findings into project recommendations, and revise project plans/drawings/materials.
585 Willamette Rd
Bennettsville, SC 29512
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.