Electrical Tester - 1st Shift
Date Posted: September 1, 2021
Deadline: October 29, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Associate’s degree in Industrial Electronics, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering Technology that includes coursework in drafting principles, physics, elements of electricity and mechanics.
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Drafting experience.
Prepare and modify electrical drawings, including electric schematics, wiring diagrams, and three line diagrams for distribution and control products to include low and medium voltage assemblies, switches, components and network protectors and all associated components; perform complete electrical tests on assemblies and components to ensure conformance with required specifications and performance characteristics; diagnose and correct very difficult circuitry in assemblies requiring the analysis and evaluation of many component variables.
- Effectively use test consoles, electrical meters, various electrical and electronic test equipment, hand tools, handling equipment, alignment equipment, gages, mechanical measuring and fitting equipment, and other products or product components to ensure products meet customer specifications.
- Perform production tests using wire diagrams, schematics, sketches, and manufacturing information for low and medium voltage assemblies, switches, components, plugs and network protectors and all associated components.
- Set up all test equipment and conduct special tests following manager’s or engineer’s recommendations where test information is available.
- Diagnose and correct problems or contact manager or engineer to verify circuit operations or to suggest methods to correct errors; prepare related test records and documentation.
- Prepare layouts, diagrams, and schematic drawings through drafting techniques and methods using the computer following required specifications and general order interpretations.
- Research and analyze information relating to nonstandard equipment and translate into known manufacturing processes or capabilities.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of completed drawings as well as drawings of lower coded drafters and testers.
- Maintain frequent contact with manufacturing personnel to review diagrams, modifications, adjustments, and the progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment.
- Maintain contact with customers or customer representatives to solve problems associated with our distribution and control products; visit customer installation to trouble-shoot, repair, or modify medium voltage equipment.
- Be knowledgeable in high voltage lab safety requirements.
- Maintain departmental records and equipment; provide assistance and guidance to lower coded drafters and testers as required; perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- May receive various instructions, guidance and directions from higher level testers, engineer’s or manager to perform routine tests, diagnose or correct test documents and/or adjust test process to meet new customer expectations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.