Date Posted: April 20, 2021
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Organization: Dominion Energy
Website: View Website
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- 0-2 years of directly related experience in area of responsibility.
- Applicants must have the ability to operate equipment such as a backhoe, trencher, and boom truck, and the ability to complete a four (4) year DESC apprenticeship training program.
- Applicants must possess strong mechanical skills, must be safety conscious to work in proximity of high voltage electrical equipment and be in excellent physical condition in order to perform work duties such as lifting a minimum of 50 pounds and climbing ladders and structural steel.
- Applicants must possess a strong technical aptitude to understand equipment wiring and diagrams, equipment diagnostics and testing, and equipment functionality and purpose.
- Applicants must be available to work after hours, scheduled overtime, and callout for emergencies and storm restoration.
- Candidates are required to live within a 20-mile radius (or 30-minute drive) of the Transmission and Substation Crew Quarters located at 1054 Toolebeck Rd, Aiken, SC.
- Completion of high school or equivalent (i.e., GED) accredited by an organization that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or one of the entities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- An Associate Degree in an electrical field of study is a plus as this position requires strong math, reading comprehension and fundamental reasoning skills and the ability to learn, understand and retain technical information.
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Minimum requirements include a valid driver’s license with a good driving history, a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL- Class A) or the ability to obtain and maintain one within six (6) months of hire.
Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment skills test.
Power Delivery - Substation Operations is responsible for operating, maintaining, and constructing electric substations up to 230kV. Safe, efficient, and reliable operations are critical to our success.
- Assisting substation electricians in the construction, maintenance, and operation of electrical substations from 480V to 230kV.
- Construction duties include but are not limited to: installation of foundations, conduit, ground grids, structural steel erection, bus work and the assembly, placement and testing of substation equipment.
- Maintenance duties include but are not limited to: trouble shooting and repairing substation class equipment such as transformers, breakers, voltage regulators, and all other substation equipment and devices.
1005 Toolebeck Road
Aiken, SC 29803
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.