Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 31, 2018
Organization: City of Atlanta
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: The salary for this position is $38,300 - $57,500
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Completion of Technical or Vocational course of study in Electricity or similar area.
- 3 years of related experience in a commercial, industrial, or facilities operations setting.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Associates Degree with a course of study in Electricity or similar area
- 1 year of related experience in a commercial, industrial, or facilities operations setting.
- Experience with Medium voltage switchgear preferred.
Licensures and Certifications
- Class 1 Georgia Electrical Contractor License (Unrestricted License) required.
- State of Georgia Commercial Driving License (CDL) preferred.
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
Employee performs highly skilled maintenance, installation, troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems, lighting and switchgear at the water/wastewater facilities. Electrical work may be performed in a number of areas including elevated tanks and booster stations. Work involves technical application of electrical principles. This is a fully seasoned skilled level capable of independently carrying out most assignments typical of the discipline.