Engineering Apprentice- Machinist
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 12, 2018
Organization: Textron Specialized Vehicles
Location: Augusta Area
City: Augusta, GA
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: 13.50/hour to begin with, increasing throughout the program, contingent on performance
- Proficiently and safely operate all equipment commonly available in the Model Shop.
- Ability to work directly with engineering to produce the best part in the most efficient manner.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Proficient in bench work including: drilling, tapping, assembly, and inspection of components for form, fit, and function.
- Ability to set up, operate, and maintain all Lab machine tools in a proper and safe operating manner.
- We are looking for a self-motivated candidate who prides themselves on attention to quality and detail.
- High school graduate or GED
- Enrollment in Machinist Certificate or Diploma
- Proficient in basic computer systems /MS Office
- Able to lift 50 Pounds
This position is responsible for new and current Product Development. The main role of this position is to create or modify prototype parts to support all product development activities.
- Must have an exposure to operating a CNC machine.
- Set-up and perform tool changes, inspect parts, and quality control.
- Familiarity with blueprint reading and assembly drawings.
- The ideal candidate will have exposure to one or more of the following fabrication techniques:
- CNC programming
- Manual Lathe / Manual Milling operation
- Break press forming
- Tube bending
- Welding (MIG / TIG)
- Inspection and measurement
- Provide innovative input, as appropriate, to Engineering staff to help meet overall program goals.
- Support technicians with vehicle builds as workload dictates.
- Proficient with hand and power tools.