Engineering Cable Co-op - Spring 2021 or Summer 2021
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 19, 2021
Organization: AFL Communications
Website: View Website
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- At least Sophomore standing with a minimum 2.75 GPA
Competencies for success:
- Display a willingness to learn
- Detail – oriented
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in data analysis software programs
- Proficient with CAD software
AFL, a leading fiber optics telecommunications company has openings for Engineering Co-ops in our Duncan, SC facility. This position will being in January 2021 and rotate between on the job training and scholastic advancement for three terms. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity while gaining knowledgeable work experience – AFL is the organization!
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!
The positions will provide technical assistance supporting AFL in the areas of design, development, applications, process, and quality engineering.
The Engineering Co-ops will rotate from college and AFL each semester. During the rotations, the co-ops will be assigned to different areas each semester allowing the co-op to gain experience in different areas of engineering.
The Engineering Co-ops will be assigned to work with a senior engineer or manager. The Engineering co-ops will also be supported with monthly meetings and mentorship with the Co-op Coordinator.
Available starting semesters: Spring 2021 or Summer 2021
Responsibilities may include:
- Research and provide input on manufacturing process related issues.
- Analyze manufacturing data, process flows, and material routings to develop improvement recommendations.
- Document and report results of process improvement recommendations to management.
- Assist Development Engineers in the design and production of products.
- Work with the Test Engineer to design, develop, and build test fixtures to support fiber optic testing to industry specifications.
- Learn test procedures and work alongside technical associates to perform testing utilizing a variety of testing and inspection equipment.
- Create CAD drawings or 3-D models of concept designs, and submit to suppliers for quotation.
- Perform fiber optic testing to troubleshoot product design and processing anomalies.
- Participate in fiber optic training sessions.
150 Ridgeview Center Dr
Duncan, SC 29334
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.