Engineering Intern Summer 2022
Date Posted: March 18, 2022
Deadline: April 18, 2022
Organization: Graphic Packaging International
Website: View Website
General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so. May require occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
Frequent, bending, stooping, squatting, as well as frequent movement throughout the facility for extended periods of time up to 8-hour
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office, hand tools or electrical equipment
- Employee is required to wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses, high visibility vest and hearing protection when in the manufacturing area.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and times of increased heat and humidity.
- The noise level in the immediate work environment is normally quiet, however requires exposure to a noisy manufacturing environment.
- Currently working on undergraduate, four-year degree or have recently graduated
- Desire to learn manufacturing and leadership concepts
- Ability to apply academic knowledge to real world work environments
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the Fly
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Drive for Results
This position provides technical support for operations for the Prosperity, SC Extrusion Facility. Develop and implement best practices to improve safety, quality, productivity and cost reduction. Develop specific performance parameters as requested.
Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Provide support for process improvement projects. Projects involve chemicals, mechanical improvements, support for on machine trials and investigations of new technologies.
- Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
- Needs to be a self-directed, self-starter who takes the initiative to move forward with ideas, is committed and is able to work with and influence others.
- Must learn quickly to analyze data.
- Lead one or more projects that will be started and completed within the summer.
- Conduct tests to evaluate potential process changes.
- Research process equipment, including: obtaining quotes, coordinating product trials, and making recommendations for purchase.
- Assist in writing standard operating procedures and training manuals.
- Provide engineering support to other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prosperity, SC 29127
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.