Fastener Technical Specialist
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: January 8, 2021
Organization: Baier &amp; Michels
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings and GD&T. Coordinate and support 2D drawing creation process and verify final prints for approval
- Strong customer service skills to support customer process activities for new product development and launch
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for documentation & archiving of project information in b&m systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge and understanding of fastener industry standards and specifications. Knowledge and experience in fastener manufacturing processes. Knowledge and experience in automotive assembly techniques involving fasteners
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Experience with CAD software, preferably CATIA.
- Will work with the customer, supplier and internal cross-functional departments to determine the most suitable and cost-effective fastener solution given available counterpart, application, and/or product information
- Will determine if customer design is production feasible using company’s prescribed range of manufacturing processes. Review customer provided drawings to ensure correct information is used in quoting and provided to manufacturing divisions. Will also confirm if suppliers fully understand the customer specifications based on the supplier provided quotes with notes using their experience with reading drawings and understanding of GD&T.
65 Brookfield Oaks Dr
Greenville, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.