Field Service Technician
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 7, 2018
Organization: Samuel Sons, &amp; Co.
Location: All Counties
City: Fort Mill
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Pay is negotiable and will be set at a competitive rate.
Minimum 2 years’ college and/or technical school and/or technical degree in the discipline of Electrical or Systems Automation preferred.
Mechanical and electrical knowledge.
Knowledge of pneumatic controls.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel.
Understanding of the fundamentals of programming PLC’s and System Controls
Ability to read and understand schematics.
Ability to travel throughout the US.
Excellent troubleshooting skills with good communication abilities and exceptional organizing and time-management skills.
Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high pressure situations
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner.
- Specialized education or experience related to industry service or ink jet printing and labelling equipment is a plus.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations with customer in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate acceptable judgment and decision skills required.
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written required.
- Ability to use a laptop, smartphone and other devices normally used in conducting business. via remote access in various geographic settings
- Self-motivated individual that can work well with others or with little or no supervision.
- Travel up to 75%
- Service our complete line of industrial printing and labelling equipment and diagnose customers’ errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions with technical support either directly or remotely via Teamviewer or over the phone customer support.
- Demonstrate, install equipment and train customers on the safe operation of such equipment and maintain proper records/logs of repairs and maintenance schedules.
- Cooperate with both the sales force and technical team and share information across the organization in a clear and prompt manner.
- Prepare/test entire equipment line-up for sales orders or sales demonstrations
- Repair machines in shop and prep for return to customer.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations to build on positive relationships with customers.
- Read technical Schematics, PLC Programming and Automation Control Systems.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.