Field Service Technician
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: January 15, 2021
Organization: Amandus Kahl USA Corporation
City: This position is home based position traveling mostly within southeastern United States
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $21 per hour plus overtime
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Recent Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Technology or similar educational attainment.
- Working knowledge of pumps, gear boxes, motors, pneumatics and general mechanical equipment.
- Read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics.
- Must be comfortable working around industrial machinery and working in confined spaces.
- Maintenance background in the pulp and paper and animal agriculture or similar industries and/or experience in wood processing, animal feed and food technology, biomass and waste recycling a plus.
- Ability to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Personable with desire to understand customer issues and deliver solutions.
- Self-starter with ability to analyze and resolve problems independent of supervision and takes ownership to get things done.
- Strong mechanical/technical aptitude.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Current valid driver’s license and good driving record over last three years.
- Ability to speak and write a second language is desirable (Spanish or German).
Performs field services by providing technical support/supervision during repair and/or installation, at customer’s sites of Amandus Kahl’s equipment, to ensure reliable operation, optimum performance and efficiency. This includes trouble shooting and mechanical repairs as well as commissioning, start-up, tuning and training on the mechanical and electronic components of Amandus Kahl’s pelleting and granulation machines. Customer sites are in the United States with concentration in the southeast. Equipment to be serviced includes pelleting presses, conveyors, expanders and extruders. Additional products to be serviced may include sister companies’ industrial coffee roasters, drying and extraction systems and industrial freezers.
Major specific functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees and performs a wide variety of mechanical and electrical repairs of Amandus Kahl machinery at customer’s site including, original installation, cold check out, commissioning, tuning and equipment preventative maintenance and optimization.
- Performs trial test runs when work is complete to ensure performance rates and quality meet established specifications.
- Advises customer’s operators and mechanical maintenance personnel of operating procedures for working safely around our equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance service calls on customer equipment.
- Assists customer maintenance personnel with technical and procedural troubleshooting techniques.
- Assists and trains customer’s operators and maintenance personnel on how to operate our equipment and perform maintenance tasks.
- Assesses customer needs in regard to maintenance, spare parts, operation, and resolves customer issues.
- Documents equipment serviced and parts and ensures that home office and corporate office in Germany are informed of activities and any problems with equipment.
- Be on call and capable of providing after hours emergency service when needed.
- Travels within the US (approximately 75%), mostly in southeast, occasional travel to Germany.
- Performs other duties typical to this position.
105 Hembree Park Drive Suite L
Roswell, GA 30076
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.