Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 16, 2018
Organization: City of Fountain Inn
Location: Greenville Area
City: Fountain Inn, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
• Hazardous Materials Operations
• I – 100, 200, 700
• Possess a valid SC driver’s license
• Fire Fighter I and II Certifications
• OSHA Fire Fighter
• First Responder or EMT and CPR
• Auto Extrication
• Rescuing the rescuer
• Any other classes deemed necessary
• Knowledge of City geography
• Knowledge of fire state and local codes
• Knowledge of OSHA standards
• Knowledge of building codes
• Ability to work with the public
General Purpose of Job:
Protects life and property by performing fire fighting, emergency aid, and hazardous materials fire prevention duties. Operates and maintains fire equipment and apparatus.
1. Performs firefighting activities including driving fire apparatus, operating pumps and related equipment, laying hose and performing fire combat, containment extinguishment tasks and over hall/salvage tasks.
2. Performs emergency aid activities including administering first aid, CPR, and other assistance as required.
3. Participates in fire drills, attends classes in fire-fighting, emergency medical hazardous materials, etc.
4. Maintains fire equipment, apparatus and facilities. Performs minor repairs to equipment.
5. Performs general maintenance work in the upkeep of fire facilities and equipment.
6. Participates in the inspection of buildings, hydrants, and other structures in fire prevention programs.
7. Assists in the maintenance of fire hydrants ensuring adequate flow. Cleans, paints, numbers, and records measurements for hydrants.
8. Performs related duties as required.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE AT WWW.FOUNTAININN.ORG . WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR OPEN POSITIONS. ONLY COMPLETED ON-LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. THE CITY OF FOUNTAIN INN IS AN “AT-WILL” EMPLOYER, MEANING THAT EITHER THE EMPLOYER OR THE EMPLOYEE MAY END THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME FOR ANY OR NO REASON.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS!