Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 5, 2020
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $31455 - $33065
- Requires high school diploma or GED with nine (9) to twelve (12) months of fire training experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must be able to pass applicable physical in accordance with NFPA 1582. Must be physically able to exert up to one hundred pounds of force occasionally and/or frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects.
- Residency Requirement of living within a 20 minute call out to the Fire Department
- Must have valid SC Driver’s License.
- Must have the ability to attend 240 hours of training per year beyond the duties on shift, respond to emergency calls when off duty, have CPR and first aid certifications.
- Firefighters are responsible for ensuring emergency equipment is in working order through scheduled checks and maintenance, conduct fire and life safety inspections of residential and commercial buildings in the Newberry area, as well as respond to emergency calls safely and operate equipment to effectively handle the situation.
- Another aspect of Firefighter duties is to be a customer relations liaison for the department through smoke detector installation, attend special community events, and school functions, including to educate all age levels through programs for life and fire safety.
- A Firefighter must be able to prepare and record various reports such as preplans of occupancies, inspection reports, incident reports of alarms and size up information when arriving on a scene.
1330 College Street
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.