Food & Quality Technologist
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 14, 2019
Organization: Diana Pet Food
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Essential skills and experience:
- Associate’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or a related field required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- High sense of urgency and ability to work self-directed and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong familiarity with auditing methods and processes; formal audit training/certification desirable
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills including proactive root cause identification and resolution
- Experience in tracking, analyzing, and reporting quality data
- Ability to compose and produce reports, documents and related materials
- Ability to work as a team
- Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office tools
- Attention to detail and accuracy and maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge and experience with Quality Management Systems
his position is responsible to but not limited to:
- Works with operations on a daily basis to verify quality checks during production and as needed to maintain product quality and food safety parameters.
- Performs product testing using laboratory equipment such as NIR, pH, micro swab, granulometry and viscosity
- Gathers, identifies, and/or stores material samples to be tested on site or forwarded to laboratory for testing
- Works cross functionally with formulation, sales, operations and maintenance
- Link with HSE team also during risk analysis or non conformance management
- Lead quality and food safety training with operation
- Participates in customer and 3rd party audits including audit preparation and action item follow-up
- Assists with customer complaint investigation and manages nonconforming in-process and finished product
- Maintains detailed GMP inspection or investigation records, prepares reports, and attends to other related administrative requirements
- Manage records retention requirements per FSSC 22000 requirements
- Reports food safety and quality incidents, key indicator performance metrics to the Quality Assurance Manager
- Perform laboratory equipment calibrations
- Perform CIP swab to validate cleaning and sanitation effectiveness
- HACCP assessment and update of the required documentation
Diana Pet Food offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, long and short term benefits. Holiday pay, vacation and personal time paid time off.
Diana Pet Food considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.