Forklift Operator 051867
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
High school diploma or GED
· At least two (2) years of experience operating industrial or manufacturing equipment
· Must be willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime if necessary
· Must be willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
· Must be willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, face shield, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
· Must be willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. routinely
· Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead?
Experience working in the lumber or wood products
· Experience operating a forklift
· Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Please provide a resume.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Promoting a safe work environment by keeping work area clean and organized
· Learning and performing multiple operator functions within the facility
· Cross training on production equipment and mobile equipment to provide coverage for vacations, absences, etc.
· Learning to apply work processes and understand how they lead to increased productivity and reduced waste of useable product
How to apply: Go to www.gp.com/careers and search Operations/Manufacturing or Skilled Jobs. If you are already a current user, sign in with your username and password; if you are a new user click “New User” and create a username and password. Once you are logged in, under Job Search type in the Job Number (openings listed above), or under Location select USA-South Carolina-McCormick, SC for all openings at the McCormick location. When you see the job you want to apply for click the Apply link or click on the job title to further review the job description. Once you apply to a specific role you will be asked to complete a few qualifying questions as part of the application process. Enter Job Code for 051867