Front Desk Specialist
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: November 23, 2020
Organization: Lexington County Sheriff&#039;s Dept.
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $14.71-15.74 (depending on qualifications)
High School diploma or equivalent, with at least one year of perfessional customer service experiecnce, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficent to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Due to the work environment, applicants MUST BE at least 21 years of age.
Delivers quality customer service at the vistation desk and central control to various audiences associated with Lexington Conty Detention Center, including vistors, attorneys, clergy, external and internal law enforcement entities, volunteeers, and contracted employees. Duties of this postion include, but are not limted to:
- Serves as the receptionist for the two outside entry ponits to the jail. Trained to work in Visitation and Central Control.
- Answers the telephone; screens callers; provides information as requested or forwards calls to appropriate staff person; takes messages as necessary. This includes telephone conversations with the public answering questions concerning inmate information.
- Duties require some contact/interaction with inmates.
- Provides information and guidance directly to the public inexperenced in navigating the criminal justice system, sometimes under emotional conditions.
- Operates and controls security doors inside and outside the jail facility. Monitors saftey and security equipment including alrms and camera monitors. operates radio, telephone, and intercom to communicate with staff, vistors, contract employees, and inmates.
521 Gibson Rd
Lexington, SC 29072
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.