Funeral Director/ Embalmer
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 28, 2021
Organization: Stonemore Inc.: Pollock-Best Funeral Home
City: New Bern
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Requires a relatively high degree of concentration and attention for a continuous period of time.
- Requires occasional standing/walking and frequent lifting or pushing.
- Must possess valid state driver's license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with others in a team atmosphere.
StoneMor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
StoneMor Inc. L.P. is conducting a search for a full-time Funeral Director/Embalmer to join our team at the beautiful Pollack-Best Funerals and Cremations. Pollock-Best Funerals and Cremations is conveniently located in New Bern, North Carolina. Since 1880, Pollock-Best has paid tribute to the time-honored traditions of our friends in Craven, Jones and Pamlico Counties.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement & more.
- Meets with clients to make funeral arrangements, explains service options, assists in casket selection, provides pricing information, and prepares standardized contracts for services.
- Performs technical and cosmological embalming services.
- Finalizes details discussed during arrangement conferences with with approprioate tracking & compliance documents.
- Directs funeral services and visitation, including greeting family members, opening parlor, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel. May assist with funerals while not acting as primary director or act as hearse or limousine driver when needed.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming. This includes death certificate, permits from coroner, writing embalming case study and others as required.
- Removes and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home.
- Maintains cleanliness of preparation room and equipment.
- Performs all other related functions as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- 1 year of experience as a licensed funeral director and 2 years of post-secondary education.
- Must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer or the ability to obtain a state license.
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of embalming or mortuary science.
2015 Neuse Boulevard
New Bern, NC 28560
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.