Funeral Director/Crematory Manager
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 30, 2018
Organization: Foundation Partners Group
City: Hilton Head
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Valid Funeral Director/Embalmer license in the state of South Carolina or ability to reciprocate
- Crematory Operations Certification preferred
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office – Outlook, Word, clocking in/out etc.
- Experience in making initial transfer of decedent and funeral arrangements
- Ability to do decedent care i.e. embalming (per state requirements)
- Strong organizational skills to include time management
- Excellent oral communication skills to include the ability to effectively communicate with internal, and external customers, community leaders, clergy and client families.
- Excellent written communication including attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to collect funds at time of arrangement conference
- Able to multi-task – i.e. enter data into company POS while interacting with a client family member/s
- Able to safely operate a company vehicle with a valid state issued driver’s license
- Ability to move, push and pull heavy weighted items up to 150 lbs. in a safe manner
- Ability to stand for two (2) or more hours without rest
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 80 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand their reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join with us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for a Licensed Funeral Director/Crematory Manager in Hilton Head, SC. The Funeral Director/Crematory Manager manages all phases of the funeral arrangement and cremation from setting up funeral services to final disposition. The Funeral Director/Crematory Manager interacts directly with client families, making all arrangements, handling all aspects of the service and ensuring the client family receives a flawless experience that captures, acknowledges and shares the life purpose of their loved one.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the company’s commitment to the 5 Unique Truths by demonstrating the utmost professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Understands and adheres to Company standard operating procedures and guidelines as outlined.
- Agrees to and supports Company policies/procedures as outlined in the FPG Policy/Procedure manual.
- Models and demonstrates a positive attitude and harassment free working environment.
- Completes all required learning and development outlined by the company.
- Ensures every client family is presented with all service and merchandise options – Every Family, Every Option, Every Time.
- Contributes to the overall efficiency of the location by maintaining open and effective communication and maintaining accurate and timely client files.
- Acts to improve market share through participation in community events, groups and/or organizations and other community relationships as assigned by your supervisor.
- Carries out other projects/duties as assigned i.e. car washing, building/equipment repair, pre-need arrangement planning.
- Oversees all Team Members participating in services, ensuring that each member of the team understands their individual role and is professionally representing the location.
- Communicates to appropriate Team Members areas of successful performance and performance needing improvement to meet business expectations.
- Works on-call/first call, in rotation as assigned i.e. phone, face to face, at the hospital, hospice, residence
- Initial transfers of decedents, embalms, dresses, cosmetizes, caskets and prepares deceased on as needed basis (per appropriate licensing) to the instructions obtained from the family
- Meets with client families to listen, educate and arrange personalized funeral services and ensures their experience with the business is of the highest quality
- Utilizes systems/technology i.e. Matthews/Aurora Advisor in place to review merchandise options, enter contracts and complete necessary forms at time of arrangement conversation
- Completes tasks and details resulting from the Arrangement Conference
- Ensures proper paperwork, including permits and certificates are completed timely and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations
- Maintains the crematorium, equipment and adjacent facilities
- May deliver/release cremated remains to appropriate funeral home or proper authority
- Receives remains and ensures all documentation is complete and visual identification of the deceased is complete and accurate.
- Completes all required documentation with respect to cremation process and equipment maintenance
- Conducts and attends funeral services regularly
- Serves as back up embalmer as needed
TEAM MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Entry-level and experienced professionals; students and veterans – we offer complete career paths regardless of your career and life stage
- Work schedules that fit your lifestyle - full-time, part-time and on-call
- Unique ShareLife® technology lets you create one-of-a-kind life celebrations for the families you serve
- Competitive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability