Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Organization: The McDougald Funeral Home
Location: All Counties
City: Anderson, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required Education, Skills and Abilities;
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- Valid state-issued SC dual Funeral Director/Embalmer license or reciprocal equivalent from another state.
- Skilled in restorative art techniques
- Valid state driver’s license in good standing with an acceptable driving record
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong organizational skills to include time management
- Excellent oral communication skills in person, over the phone to include the ability to effectively communicate with bereaved client families, community leaders, clergy and other customers.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Able to operate a company vehicle with a valid state driver’s license
- Able to move, push and pull heavy items up to 150 lbs in a safe manner
- Able to stand for two hours or more without rest
The McDougald Funeral Home is seeking a full-time Licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer with the qualities of strong communication skills, continued professional development and a desire of interest in local community activities.
The job will require the applicant to have basic knowledge of all phases of funeral service with a heavy emphasis on embalming. This also requires the ability to carry out details regarding the initial receiving of the decedent and to the final disposition. This position also requires the ability to work an on-call schedule requiring night, weekend and holiday availability.
- Receive and transfer decedents to our care
- Embalm, dress and prepare decedents for viewing
- Ensure proper paperwork, including first call information, permits, certificates and other authorizations and reports are completed in a timely manner and relevant to regulations and laws.
- Conduct funeral services with the highest attention to detail and respect for the families being served.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and harassment-free work environment.
- Complete all required continuing education as defined by licensing agencies.
- Stay active with community through participation in community events, groups, etc., with other community relationships.
- Continue to maintain a flexible attitude to carry out additional projects and duties assigned.
2211 N Main Street
Anderson, SC 29621
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.