Funeral Home Manager
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: January 8, 2021
Organization: Graceland Mortuary
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in the operations of a Funeral Home..
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must be a licensed funeral director and embalmer or the ability to obtain a state license.
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of embalming or mortuary science. A degree in business management or related field is preferred.
- Current state insurance license strongly preferred or the desire to become licensed to sell pre need insurance.
- Ability to train, monitor and supervisor Funeral staff.
- Ability to handle performance related matters.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires a relatively high degree of concentration and attention for a continuous period of time.
- Requires occasional standing/walking and lifting or pushing.
- Must possess valid state driver's license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with others in a team atmosphere.
Education Level: 2 Year Degree
toneMor Inc. is conducting a search for a full-time Funeral Home Manager to join our team!
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and supervising the general activities of the funeral home. Qualified candidates must hold a current funeral director and embalmer license with 3-5 years of industry experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement & much more.
- Direct all activities relating to funeral services- preparation of funeral home facilities, supervision of funeral directors, perform as an arranger when required.
- Direct and supervise the administrative and support services of the funeral home- embalming services, repair and maintenance services, approve of expenditures for operation of the funeral home and collection of receivables.
- Plan and implement strategies to increase the client base for the company- including direct involvement in marketing strategies.
- Ensure close coordination with governmental agencies and service organizations such as the Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration, coroner’s office, churches, florists, etc.
- Represent the company on all follow-up services provided, including customer complaints, legal activity, and contract preparations.
- Administer all of the work schedules of the personnel of the funeral home.
- Deal directly with vendors of funeral service supplies and support merchandise.
- Maintain knowledge of the laws and policies relating to the funeral business.
- May be required to perform embalming and other tasks assigned to the Funeral Director as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
4814 White Horse Rd
Greenville, SC 29611
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.