GIS Mapping Technician
Date Posted: March 17, 2022
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Organization: Greenwood County
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary / Pay Rate: $31,973.00 - $47,949.00
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires an Associate's Degree or specialized courses/training equivalent to satisfactory completion of two years of college. Requires six months experience in surveying and mapping OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSES: Valid Driver's License
- Create new tax parcels in ArcMap using deeds and plats.
- Records, retrieves and maintains accurate and up-to-date survey and mapping records on computer.
- Assists Assessor's office in research to assure accuracy in parcel size, shape and ownership and corrects discrepancies and changes in GIS tax parcel lines.
- Updates County website and social media outlets as needed for upcoming events and information and assures documents are edited properly for viewing online. Trains key employees from other departments in the editing process for the website.
- Assists tax payers, realtors, and surveyors concerning parcel inquiries and complaints and assigns E911 address points as necessary.
- Creates and prints custom maps as needed for other departments and the public.
- Coordinates IT equipment purchases for County departments.
- Maintains server back ups on a periodic basis.
- Performs related work as assigned.
600 Monument St
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.