Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 12, 2018
Organization: Riverbanks Zoo &amp; Garden
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $45,000/year (starting)
Education and Experience: Associates Degree with related coursework in graphic design or commercial art required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of three to five years’ experience in graphic design or a related field, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Prior management/supervisory experience preferred.
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously. They will also enjoy working within a collaborative environment and be a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a very high standard for service. Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail, prompt follow-through, and time management skills. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required. Photography skills a plus. Must be flexible for occasional weekend, holiday and after-hours assignments. Must possess or be eligible for a valid SC driver's license.
Ambassador Commitment: Create meaningful connections and inspire actions that will have a lasting impact on conservation.
- Serves as lead designer and oversees design team to produce quality professional graphics, signs, publications and marketing materials for Riverbanks Zoo and Garden.
- Ensures all graphics adhere to Riverbanks’ style guidelines, meet standards of excellence and are completed within timeline and budget.
- Coordinates and organizes work, assigns priorities, delegates and tracks projects using organization-approved work flow app.
- Leads the design and layout of various forms of visual communication including magazine, brochures, flyers, multimedia advertisements and promotional materials, as well as design and production of exhibit graphics and park signage. Stays current on trends in graphics, layouts, and materials.
- Maintains a comprehensive graphics plan that includes updating and developing graphics and adding interpretive graphics for exhibits, while ensuring priorities align with Riverbanks’ Strategic Plan.
- Collaborates with creative team, communicates across departments and interacts with printing vendors to maximize cost-efficiency, ensure professional quality products and utilize eco-friendly materials when possible.
- Trains, mentors and supervises design team members and interns.