Date Posted: April 22, 2021
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Organization: Wesley Commons
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six months related work experience preferred.
- Must be able to understand and communicate in the English language.
- Must have a valid South Carolina drivers' license.
The Groundskeeper will provide all services related to the maintaining lawns, trees, shrubs and interior and exterior plantings to create a visually stimulating campus environment for residents to enjoy; removes snow/ice from sidewalks, driveways and parking lots to assure safe passage; performs routine maintenance on gardening and grounds equipment to assure the availability of necessary tools.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Cuts, fertilizes, waters and repairs lawns; applies chemical pesticides and weed control sprays per the seasonal program as needed.
- Plants and tends flowerbeds; applies pine straw or other mulching materials as needed.
- Prunes, fertilizes and transplants interior and exterior plants, shrubs and trees to enhance growth and appearance.
- Waters lawns, shrubs and flowerbeds; maintains irrigation system.
- Rakes and/or removes leaves and other debris from lawns and passageways; picks up trash from throughout the campus.
- Removes ice /snow from driveways, sidewalks and parking lots using power equipment or melting chemicals.
- Maintains drainage ditches free of obstruction.
- Cleans, repairs and services all power equipment and tools on a routine basis.
- Maintains records documenting fuel used by the department; provides status reports to the Manager as required.
- Adhere to all HIPAA guidelines.
Non- Essential Functions:
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Reports repair and maintenance issues to appropriate staff.
1110 Marshall Road
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.