Highway Maintenance Worker I Small Equipment Operator (Abbeville)
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: March 2, 2021
Organization: South Carolina Department of Transportation
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: HIRING RANGE - MIN: $26,731.00 - MAX: $34,402.00
There are no minimum training or experience requirements for this class.
A valid Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License. (NOTE): This position requires a valid Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License within six (6) months of placement in the position.
- Operates standard dump truck for hauling materials such as asphalt and dirt to and from jobsites.
- Operates dump truck with sand spreader and plow attachment during inclement weather.
- Performs manual labor in such maintenance tasks as installing and paving driveways, clearingright-of-way, patching potholes and making base repairs.
- Operates AMZ patching machine usedfor patching potholes, base and surface repairs, and asphalt-related repairs to driveways, roadsand bridge approaches.
- Operates rollers during compaction of driveway paving and roadway (less than 4 tons). Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Operates broom tractor toclean roadways of dirt and debris.
screen applicants. Candidates must present documentation of their attainment of college degree(s) at the time of interview. Documentation must be either an official or unofficial copy of the college transcript or Letter of Verification of Degree from the Institution's Registrar's
Office. If the candidate selected for the position provided an unofficial copy, it must be replaced with an official copy no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the effective date of employment. Failure to provide documentation within the required timeframe will result in termination of employment. If you have any questions, please contact;:
WANDA DAY, SC DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION
510 W. ALEXANDER AVENUE
GREENWOOD, SC 29646.
Phone: (864) 227-6971
127 McGowan Ave
Abbeville, SC 29620
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.