Highway Maintenance Worker II (78140)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 26, 2018
Organization: State of South Carolina Department of Transportation-District 2
City: Greenwood, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: STATE SALARY RANGE: $18,229.00 - $33,728.00 Annually AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $24,960.00 AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $33,728.00
- A 10th grade education; or an approved acceptable equivalence in accordance with State Human Resources Regulations.
- A valid Class "B" Commercial Driver's License. (NOTE): This position requires a valid Class "B" Commercial Driver's License within six (6) months of placement in the position. However, applicants without a Class "B" Commercial Driver's License will be considered if no qualified applicants with a Class "B" Commercial Driver's License are available.
Highway Maintenance Worker II (78140) Supplemental Questionnaire:
* 1. What is your highest level of education completed?
- 10th grade completed
- 11th grade completed
- High School or GED completed
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
* 2. What class driver's license do you possess?
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Class D
- Class E
- Class F
3. If you do not currently work for SCDOT, what road maintenance and heavy equipment experience do you have?
Trains in the operation of CDL vehicles for hauling materials such as asphalt, limestone, dirt, soil, cement, pipe construction materials and debris. Performs manual labor in building catch basins, pouring concrete for curbs and raised median, laying pipes for driveways and other drainage structures, repairing shoulders, clearing right-of-ways and repairing bridges. Flags traffic during road repairs to control flow of traffic to protect workers, general public and equipment. Operates chain saw in cutting trees on right-of-way. Conducts and documents preoperation vehicle/equipment inspection. Trains in the operation of standard dump truck with snow plow attachment and sand spreader to remove snow and ice from highways and bridges. Performs other related job duties as requested or assigned by supervisor. Works as required during hazardous weather and/or emergencies.
Apply online and fully complete all sections of the application. A resume may be provided, but will not substitute for completing any section of the application. Accurately respond to all Supplemental Questions since they are part of your official application and are used to initially screen applicants. Candidates must present documentation of their attainment of college degree(s) at the time of interview. Documentation must be either an official or unofficial copy of the college transcript or Letter of Verification of Degree from the Institution's Registrar's Office. If the candidate selected for the position provided an unofficial copy, it must be replaced with an official copy no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the effective date of employment. Failure to provide documentation within the required timeframe will result in termination of employment.
If you have any questions, please contact WANDA DAY, SC DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION, 510 W. ALEXANDER AVENUE, GREENWOOD, SC 29646. Phone: (864) 227-6971.
A RESUME MAY BE INCLUDED BUT NOT SUBSTITUTED FOR COMPLETING THE ENTIRE APPLICATION. RESUMES ARE NOT REVIEWED TO DETERMINE IF AN APPLICANT MEETS REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF THE APPLICATION AND MUST BE COMPLETED.