Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: November 20, 2020
Organization: McCormick Correctional Institution
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Hiring Range - Min. $34,840.00 Hiring Range - Max. $44,994.00
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and custodial, grounds keeping or maintenance experience directly related to the area of employment.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- Five (5) years of horticulture experience related to grounds maintenance, greenhouse management and landscaping.
Must be able to obtain a SC Pesticide Applicator's License within one (1) year of hire.
- Responsible for the Horticulture Program at a Medium/Maximum security correctional facility
- Develop and implement a year-round horticulture program
- Supervise inmate work detail
- Perform basic grounds maintenance
- Manage greenhouse, flower beds and vegetable garden
- Administrative and other job duties as assigned
Must successfully complete 4 week SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Recruiting and Employment Services: (803) 896-1649 or
386 Redemption Way
McCormick, SC 29899
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.