Human Services Specialist I (Day Programs)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 2, 2020
Organization: DDSN-Whitten Regional Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Associate's degree, completion of advance in-service training and one year of experience in direct support of persons with intellectual and related disabilities; or high school diploma, completion of advance in-service training and four years of experience in direct support of persons with intellectual and related disabilities.
Awareness of varied levels of the developmentally disabled. Ability to relate to the developmentally disabled and to plan appropriate activities for classroom programming. Exposure to principals of teaching and/or exposure to varied exceptionalities and direct work with the developmentally disabled are desired.
The basic purpose of this position is to provide active treatment to consumers at Day Program according to established programs and goals and to consistently monitor progress toward those goals.
- Gives direct instructions to individual consumers and groups of consumers designed to achieve specific instructional objectives. Rotates and interacts with all consumers in the classroom to assure that all consumers stay active and on task.
- Maintain accountability of consumers by taking roll, maintaining accountability, completing monthly attendance reports, and assisting in the escorting of consumer from training center to the units.
- Complete annual assessments, annual reviews, yearly accomplishments, ISP training programs, and other requested reports.
- Maintain weekly documentation on progress towards established goals and objectives.
- Provide training in self-help program to individual consumers in the units prior to arriving at the activity center.
- Assures that training program, classroom activities, and materials utilized in the classroom conform to those listed in the established ISP and prompts active treatment.
- Performs related duties as required.
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.